Monday, January 19, 2015

PROJECT OF THE WEEK FOR THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hello crafty people,

It's my turn to inspire you with a project of the week (POTW) here at The House That Stamps Built and I thought I might show you a super cool box creation that you could use to house a sweet treat for a Valentine, a gift card, a piece of jewelry, or even an awesome Repeat Impression stamp for a friend.  

The box is a 4x4 inch "pizza box"  measuring 1/2 inch deep.  


Here are the supplies I used to create this box


Score board 
Scissors
Double sided adhesive
Decorative paper
One 6"X11" piece of card stock
Ink
Dies
Edge punch
Copic Markers
Ribbon and assorted embellishment
Embossing folder (not shown) for embossing heart die shape

Step 1 - With score board, score the 6"x11" inch CS on the short side at 1" and 5".
Step 2 - Turn CS to long side and score again at 1", 5", 6" and 10"


Step 3- At the scored lines along the 11" side, cut flaps just to the fold line
Using decorative paper cut 4, 4X4 inch pieces and adhere to inside and outside of box. 


Step 4 - Adhere double sided tape to the outside edges of the flaps you've created as shown then remove release paper from adhesive and tape the flaps to the inside of the box.

Your box should look like this.

Decorate and fill box as desired.





Stamp shown here is RI#708-K Rebecca

This is such a fun project, you can create this for any occasion even as a favor for a wedding or baby shower.  Your imagination is your only limitation.   

I hope you'll give it a try and if you do, please let me know as I'd love to see it.  

Have a crafty day!
Cheri



1 comment:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

That is fantastic, Cheri. I have to start making boxes once more.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book