Wednesday, May 3, 2017

MAY 2017 DESIGNER'S CHOICE CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hello crafty friends, 

Who's not excited about it being May!!!!  I am and we're off to start the month at The House That Stamps Built with a Desinger's Choice Challenge.  The designer who's challenging us this month is Heather and her challenge is to create something for a special lady. 

I created a birthday card foir my sweet granddaughter, Alexa, who will be 9 years old next month.  (I still can't believe that).   



My card uses RI#9302-P "Cupcakes", RI#1820-F "Belated Birthday" (I used only a portion of this stamp) and RI#1111-E "Granddaughter".  I stamped the cupcake 3 times and fussy cut the icing and the cherry from different sections of each of the stampings so I could layer them to give the cupcake more dimension.  I colord the image with Copic markers.  The bg and the Happy Birthday were sponged and stamped with the new Distress Oxide Inks.  

Prepare to be amazed by the incredible inspiration these ladies have also created for Heather's challenge.   

Deonna - Donna - Heather - Joy - Laurie - Patti J - Shirley

Check out the challenge and how to enter at The House.  This is the first challenge of the month and a winner will be drawn and announced for a $25.00 GC for some fabulous RI stamps at the end of the month, so play along each week for multiple chances to win.  

In case you can't wait to win and would like a little enabling push, I have a 10% discount coupon for you.  Just enter my code RR10CW  at check out and enjoy.  

I'm also entering this card in Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Hint of Pink" 



Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope to see you in our challenge.  





7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how sweet- perfect for a dear granddaughter who will be 9. Doesn't time fly when we get a little older? Colors are perfect and I am sure she is a special girl.

Laurie Unger said...

Ah, how sweet! She'll love this!

Beth Norman said...

What a nice card for your granddaughter. I just had my first grandchild born (it's a girl) and can't imagine, at this point, her at 9, but time will fly fast. Your granddaughter will be delighted with the cupcake. Such a cute card.

joy said...

What a great grand daughter card! It's so sweet!

Donna said...

What a fabulous card that your granddaughter will treasure! So many fabulous layers and your coloring on the cupcake is fabulous, it looks real!

Heather said...

This is so cute!! Love the plaid background; it's so fun!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book